Everyone has a right to have some fun, but it’s important to enjoy yourself in a safe and legal way. Keep the following tips in mind to help you stay out of trouble and, more importantly, out of jail.
1. If you drink, don’t drive; it’s as simple as that. Drinking can be fun and so is driving, but too much a good thing can be illegal. Feel free to mix alcohols, but never mix drinking and driving. It can be dangerous for you, your passengers, and others out on the road.
2. Know your state’s weapons laws pertaining to carrying a weapon. Carrying a weapon can get you into trouble quickly. If you own a weapon, then be sure to always register it as your state laws requires.
3. If you drink alcohol, then be careful in public. Police officers don’t enjoy dealing with sloppy drunks. If you are drunk in public and are approached by a police officer, then it’s a good idea to have a trustworthy, designated friend nearby who will promise to take you home and vow to keep you out of further trouble.
4. As a general rule, know your friends and their habits and don’t hang around with people who are likely to get you into trouble. This applies to many situations like borrowing or driving a friend’s car which may have illegal drugs stashed within. Officers hear the “It’s not mine, I swear” excuse every day—it probably won’t work for you.
5. If an officer is placing you under arrest, whether you’re guilty or not, never resist arrest. Never shove, push, or hit a police officer. Resisting arrest can only make the situation worse—spend your time thinking about how you’re going to get out of jail.
If you’ve made a mistake or two that has landed you in jail, it’s time to get to know King Stahlman Bail Bonds. For 6 decades, George “King” Stahlman has been the San Diego bail bondsman that is here to help you get out of jail. Contact King Stahlman Bail Bonds today and we can help you get out of your sticky situation by helping you post bail.